In 1967, Tipiak is created from the merger of two century-old companies specialising in the packaging of culinary ingredients – Groult, established in 1830 in Paris, and Billard, established in 1879 in Nantes.
After 1970, Tipiak begins production of tapioca and couscous at the Saint-Aignan de Grand-Lieu plant (44).
Between 1984 and 1991, the group diversifies its operations with the creation of the Frozen Ready Meals Division and a setting up of a commercial subsidiary in the USA.
In 1993, Tipiak becomes a well-known brand with the first TV adverts, famous for the traditionally dressed Breton women and the slogan ‘Tipiak, Pirates!’
In 1996, Tipiak further diversifies its operations with the acquisition of Société Nouvelle Duteil, creating the fast developing Party Food Division.
In 2000, Tipiak creates a fourth division by integrating Société Gesnoin, a specialist in bread products. In that same year, Tipiak fully restructures its activities, transforming its divisions into subsidiaries.
In 2002, Tipiak responds to the development of its Party Food Division by opening two new production sites in Loire-Atlantique: one in Saint-Herblain dedicated to making "pains surprise", the other in Pont Château specialising in sweet canapés and petits fours.
From 2003 to 2015, the investment programmes are intensified for all sectors: production, the environment, security, information systems, etc.
In 2016 & 2017, Tipiak continued the information systems modernization program and the industrial capital expenditure in the four divisions.